Wednesday 27 February 2013

Shea moisture Curl enhancing smoothie review


Hey guys, so i'm back with another review for you. This one is going to be for Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing smoothie. 



So I received this product a couple weeks back, almost 2 months from one of my cousins who went stateside (please excuse my Bahamianese lol that's the US). I read a couple reviews and wanted to try it out for myself. As you all know my hair tends to be quite dry and thick and therefore I try hard to look for really good products that hit my price point and do what they say they do. 

This product was purchased for under $12 at Target and it contains 12 ounces. The packaging for me is pretty detailed, it let's you know that this product contains no parabens, sulfates, animal ingredients among other things which I really liked. The ingredient list is a bit long but it does indicate that this product is made up of certified organic coconut oil, shea butter and mango seed butter among other ingredients. The packaging also specifies that this product is for thick, curly hair which for me was like an instant win lol.

Uses
The packaging notes that this product can be applied to damp or dry hair to enhance curls, minimize frizz  and provide curl control.

My first impressions
First and foremost this product smells fabulous. The product is white and creamy. It is not too thick and it is also not runny. I applied this product on freshly washed hair after my leave in conditioner. My hair felt really moisturized. I did not really notice much changes in curl definition but I did not really mind that. My hair was moisturized for 2 whole days before I had to re-apply product.

My overall impression
I really liked this product for the reasons listed below 

1. Love the fact that its a water based moisturizer. Water is the first ingredient which tells me that this product has a high concentration of water in it which is always a good thing.
2. This product smells amazing and not it one of those "over-fragranced" ways. It has a really sweet smell of coconuts and flowers which I happen to love. 
3. This product has a really nice light hold and does not dry hard. 
4. Fits into my price point and is a good quality. 
5. Allows my hair to be moisturized for days. With some moisturizers I have to re-apply daily but not with this one. It also does not give my hair that greasy feeling which I like.

I would definitely recommend this product to other transitioners and even those who are fully natural. Although I don't actually use it for its curl enhancing properties, I love it as a moisturizer for my hair.

XoDrea12:9

Don't forget to Like me on facebook and follow me on twitter @242Naturalista





No comments:

Post a Comment